If you are wondering how to use Jio apps such a JioTV, Jio Cinema on other devices such as Android tablet or smartphone you have come to the right place.
Jio apps basically work on Jio 4G. If you try to use them via a different internet connection such as Wi-Fi or some other mobile data even on the device having Jio sim, the apps would throw an error, “You must be on a Jio SIM to watch your favorite movies”. So how does one use Jio apps on other devices (tablets) using non-Jio Networks such as WiFi.
Worry not, we are here to help you.
Although you can’t use the Jio apps directly on other devices, there is a workaround with which you will able to view Jio app content on other devices too. Moreover, this method works on any internet connection.
How to use Jio apps on other devices
Here’s what you need to do:
- If you already have a Jio account, skip to the step 4, otherwise follow the steps.
- On the original device that has Jio sim, open My Jio app and create your account with a proper email ID by tapping Register/Sign up.
- After you have successfully created your Jio account, on the same device, open either Jio TV app or Jio cinema app and login with the newly created credentials to test the account.
- Then on the second device that doesn’t have a Jio Sim, open Google Chrome and navigate to www.jioCinema.com.
- You will get a pop up at the bottom of the screen that says “Add”. Tap it to add the app shortcut on your home screen.
- Go to the home screen, you will have a new app icon “Jio cinema”.
- Tap it to launch Jio Cinema directly from your home screen similar to any app.
- Tap any video. You will get a pop up asking you to log in. Log in with your Jio username and password that you created in step 2. You will now be able to access Jio cinema app content on any device (Android phone, tablet, iPhone, PC).
That’s it. Enjoy Jio cinema apps on other devices using any internet connection.